Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wiki and Yahoo Bookmarks

Well. Now that Eli is talking about Wiki I thought I would follow his bad ass footsteps and do some chating of my own.

One of my favorite things of the day is MyYahoo! bookmarks. They are perfect for getting your "trusted" links(or your pages for that matter) indexed quickly. And by quick I mean within 24 hours. Last month I finally took front page in all 3 engines for a term that was floating between 40-60 across the 3 for the last four months. It happend literally overnight for Yahoo and I credit it to wiki and yahoo bookmarks. Remember. The page was optimized for the term and had some link popularity that was coninually growing, but the wiki links(15 of them) were recognized within a day (again due to yahoo bookmarks) and helped kick the dirty little bitch of a site into gear for a #2 ranking in a competitive landscape of 65mil+.

Google followed second due to a similar indexing technique with MSN comming in at third (they indexed only half of the links).

Excuse any and all writing mistkes since I have consumed my fair share (over a 3rd) of a 5th of rum.

No comments: